lunes, 27 de mayo de 2013

ESPACIO PARA LOS POETAS INVITADOS MAYO/JUNIO 2013

A Stephen Page poem 





Guias

The green guias 

are paid for.

The seven thin cows
and seven spine-warped bulls
are about to vanish
from our virid pastures.


The Accomplice skipped work today.
He did no show his olive face.
I guess he became weary
of shoveling hen-house shit.
We set his horse free.

My truck wheel fell off:
after driving sixty kilometers
at one hundred thirty kilometers per hour
I turned off the highway upon a dirt road
and felt the thump.

The two calf-killing stallions
were boxed in crates.
and although the Calloused-Hand Crator
displayed coins in his palm
I did not offer the star-marked colts.

The Malingerer extended his sick-leave:
I loom patiently outside his locked window
with a hammer in my hand;
I remove rusty animal traps
from the moonlit afternoon.

I town I errand tools and supplies
and take a coffee-break at El Café Local,
The gossip at the table behind me
is that the Rustler was seen at the stationer—
that his pen had run out of ink.

No hay comentarios: